Thursday, June 9, 2016

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Memory usage is increasing by bits

I'm running Cloud SQL second generation with legacy CakePHP app.

The app was running on CentOS 5, and MySQL was also running in the same OS instance.


Following is my Memory usage graph of Cloud SQL. It is increasing by bits.

(At about 18:00, I restarted instance and memory usage is decreased, but memory usage started to increase again)


In my app, I found some bad SQL queries such as N+1 problem. I think there are more bad DB access.

I will fix them later, but for now, I want to prevent increasing.


Can anyone give me an advice to prevent increasing memory?


I found I didn't configure query_cache_limit, query_cache_size, and query_cache_type, so I will add them when I'm ready to restart DB instance.

Should that prevent this increasing memory?


# If Cloud SQL team kindly help me and need to investigate my instance,

# I have sent email titled "Cannot change root password" from ogawa@growaspeople.org to cloud-sql@google.com at March 1st

# and my GCP project name is written in it. instance name is production (different from one written in the email)


Thanks in advance,

Jumpei


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/60a78429-2377-4d98-bcc6-c1b5656321b9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment