Thursday, May 25, 2017

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Hanging Cloud SQL 2nd generation instance

Hi I am experiencing the same issue with a Cloud SQL instance becoming stuck after the disk space is filled when attempting to perform an import. Who can I contact to get the instance back into a state that allows me to fix the instance?

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 7:20:43 AM UTC-8, Herman Tai wrote:
Please email your instance name to clou...@google.com with a reference to your post here.

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 6:49:28 AM UTC-8, Lennert Kuijpers wrote:
Hi,

I created a 2nd generation SQL instance with 200gb disk space and tried to import a 120gb dump file. After several hours the import seems to be hanging with the disk 93% full. 

In the logging I can see the message [Warning] Disk is full writing '/mysql/binlog/mysql-bin.000003' (Errcode: 28 - No space left on device). Waiting for someone to free space...
So I tried to drop the database or some tables but this all fails.

I already created a new 2nd generation SQL instance and successfully imported the dump file but I am stuck with the first one. I cannot delete it because the import is already running more then 24 hours and you cannot do any operations while the import is running.

Any tips on how can I delete this SQL instance?

thanks,
Lennert  

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/82e81550-c35e-49d9-ac8d-a09788e93734%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment