Tuesday, September 28, 2021

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Cloud SQL Export/Import

I have written a script that exports my mysql database dump file to a cloud storage bucket:

gcloud sql export sql cloud_sql_server_name gs://path/to/bucketl/filename.gz --database=database_name

This export seems to work and a compressed file is created on my bucket.

when I try to import this file to new database in the same instance, it gets imported without any errors. 
But when I connect to the new db,its empty, it doesn't contain any tables.

Please can some one help me.
This is part of my disaster recovery process.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/5ec2dbba-cc6a-4acd-b0b6-abe87b85ca24n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment