Wednesday, March 2, 2022

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Charged when instance is stopped - test sql instance

Hi, I have a PostgreSQL 13 database instance, its a 'test' instance with the lowest spec I could find (end of msg for spec).  The pricing calculator estimated about £6.50 per month I thought.

I created the new instance on the 2/2/22, created maybe three tables and added maybe 4 or five rows of data in each table (so almost nothing in there).  I then stopped the instance on the 3/2/22.  I used it for less than 48 hours.

Looking at the charts section in the console and apart from those two days, no activity has occurred; active connections, storage use, total memory use, CPU utilisation, etc all show usage for the two days I had the database running but blank since the 3/2/22 when I stopped the instance.

I've read a number of places that say that I shouldn't be charged when my database instance is stopped.  However, I've been charged what seems to be the full £6.50 (its actually £6.49) and for March I'm forecast the same.  Why am I still being charged?  If I don't want to be charged do I need to delete the instance every time I'm not using it?

Configuration:
vCPUs: 1, Memory: 614.4 MB, HDD storage: 10 GB
Database version is PostgreSQL 13.4
Auto storage increase is disabled
Automated backups are disabled
Point-in-time recovery is disabled
Located in europe-west1-d
Not highly available (zonal)
No database flags set
No labels set

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/5b4402c7-ed74-4935-99a8-bddad6a0862bn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment