Thursday, May 12, 2022

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Cloud SQL Postgres upgrade failure

Hi, I have Cloud SQL Postgres instances on version 11. I would like to upgrade them "in-place" to version 12. However I am not able to do that because of old version of postgis (currently 2.5.5). When trying to upgrade this extension (using `SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();` ), I'm getting error - "ERROR:  permission denied for table pg_operator". As far as I see, postgres user doesn't have privileges to access pg_operator. Only cloudsqladmin (which is a superuser) has privileges on pg_operator - but using cloud sql I am unable to get psql as cloudsqladmin.

How can I upgrade postgis in that case?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/871523db-b8a7-4048-b9ff-64d26464c16bn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment