Monday, June 20, 2022

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Differentiate between 2 parameters Total memory usage and Memory usage?

I am using CloudSQL with MySQL 5.7
This is my configuration
  • vCPUs: 1
  • Memory: 614.4 MB
  • SSD storage: 10 GB
Lately my application has been running pretty slow, and I'm guessing it's due to a bottleneck in MySQL.

But when I look at the following 2 parameters, I don't understand why Total memory usage is smaller than Memory usage.??? (Attachment)

Total memory usage.png
 
Memory usage.png
As references, we known:
  • Total memory usage: Total RAM usage in bytes including buffer cache. Sampled every 60 seconds. After sampling, data is not visible for up to 210 seconds.
  • Memory usage: RAM usage in bytes. Sampled every 60 seconds. After sampling, data is not visible for up to 210 seconds.
Can anyone help me explain in more detail about these 2 metrics?

Thanks very much

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/f315d5ff-6016-42e2-906b-15adffd0f4bbn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment