Thursday, June 27, 2013

newbie questions

I have a database in MS Access that I wrote about 7 years ago and have been updating to some extent since then.  It has about 30 tables all linked together, many queries and forms and is broken into a front-end and back-end.  I want to migrate this to the web and update the technology in a rewrite.  I am considering Google Cloud SQL as the cloud backend.  I am not a programmer by trade but have been a tinkerer since jr high.  Three big questions as this is new and I don't want to ask too many dumb questions.  Can anyone recommend:
  • A good book on creating this type of database in the cloud
  • Recommendations on what I should use for my user interface.  Very confused here as I want to to be web based and run in a browser.
  • What tool I should use to generate reports?
I know Access sucks but the user interface and reports are easy.  I need to understand this in the context of the cloud and I am a bit confused.

Thanks for any help!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment