Wednesday, December 23, 2015

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] 2nd Generation Failover documentation?

Hi!

From reading the documentation and poking around, I am not entirely sure how the cloud SQL failover is setup. Can anyone point me to a more complete documentation, or answer a few questions for me?


1) In 1st gen, when there was a failure a new instance was automagically spun up and activated. In 2nd gen, is this no longer the case? Do I NEED to create a Failover Replica for the same behavior?

2) In the event of a failover, will my failover replica automatically become primary? Or do I need to trigger a failover by hand when something is down? 

3) How long of a bad event is there before the automatic failover process is started? 

4) My failover replica has an IP.. do I need to change my clients to use this IP, or will the old primary IP now start pointing at the failover replica? i.e. is this really a floating IP that gets moved?

5) Can I use my failover replica as a read slave, or must it just sit idle until an event?

6) What happens to the old primary in a failover after it comes back. Does it become a failover replica for the new primary, or do I need to do something by hand?

7) How do I reset my original primary to be the real master after a failover event is complete?


Thanks!


Brian

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/7d365520-6c96-402d-b96f-6e5c80a8df0c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment