Tuesday, September 25, 2018

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Advice/experience using micro & small instances

Hi Ben,
I'm in the same boat. I have a small ecological database that will be accessed by only five data nerds, and would have *plenty* of room even in the micro instance. Have you had any luck or experience using micro? I'd like to press the downsize button before my free credit runs dry...
Best,
Ashley


On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 8:04:32 AM UTC-6, Ben Oliver wrote:
I have an SQL instance running, I've been pleased with the service so far but as a db-n1-standard-1 the cost is quite high for my usage level.

I went to downgrade and saw the warning that it is not recommended for production use.

I just wanted to know what your experiences were with the smaller options.

I'm perhaps in a bit of a niche - it's a production DB but with extremely low size and use. It maybe gets accessed by customers twice a week! We would never even come close to hitting the usage limits.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/727214af-7bcc-47d4-9bb2-da58bcfdbed3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment