Thursday, July 16, 2020

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Cloud SQL memory increased

Hi Alexis,

Thanks you so much for your reply and support, I will try it first to enlarge the disk space. 

But I'm still don't get it to measure about "I/O write or read Operation", can you help to share more how do I oberved and measure it ?

Here I attach metic of our IOPS :
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 15.13.58.png

__
Dani
On Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 2:50:32 AM UTC+7 Alexis (Google Cloud Support) wrote:
Hello Muhammad,

I'll try to answer the best I can.

MySQL is known to try an take as much memory as possible to store indexes and data. Sometimes as much as 80% of the RAM. It does that in order to provide good response times during heavy I/O operations. This means that as you increase your memory, you will probably always see high memory usage until the amount of data is below 80% of its RAM, then you might see it drop below 80% usage.

I think a good indicator to tell how your database is performing would be the IOPS. The closest visible metric I can think of is "read/write operations" under this[1] article. It says the following quote: " You can use this metric to help you understand whether your instance is correctly sized for your environment. If needed, you can move to a larger machine type to serve more requests from cache and reduce latency. "

It's also important to note that your network throughput and desk throughput is proportionally sized according to your instance. For example, if you go to create a Cloud SQL instance, under "Machine type and storage", there is network throughput and disk throughput that automatically scales depending on the instance you pick.

I hope this helps you.


On Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 8:41:21 AM UTC-4, Muhammad Dani wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have question, I'm using Cloud SQL (MYSQL) in GCP, more than last 2 weeks the memory increased, my question why the spike not decreased again, the trend now is flat since 2 weeks. how do I check in detail the causes and how do I fix it ?

__
Dani

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/1ed639a7-8f79-4afa-8da8-25d037fd07afn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment