Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Incorrect SELECT results in GAE/SQL cloud JDBC?

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of an issue like this.

I built an GAE app using the documented JDBC drivers and process for
initialing for integrating with the Google SQL Cloud. The app builds
and deploys fine, no errors or warnings.

When I deploy and launch the app locally on a Tomcat/MySQL platform,
everything works correctly, even the SELECT statement that is giving
me issued the GAE cloud.

When I push to GAE, and SQL Cloud, my select statement doesn't return
any rows, even though there are rows in the Cloud SQL DB. There are no
errors in the log, and my code verifies I am connected. I also know
I'm connected because I'm able to insert into the database using the
same Statement object with no problem. I've verified the insert on the
SQL Cloud CLI Tool. I've also confirmed the correctness of the select
statement with the API Tool as well. But when running within the GAE,
the ResultSet for my SELECT statement is empty.

Has anyone seen any issues like this? Or know of any fixed, etc?

I am intentionally not including the code in this initial post since
it's is pretty large and cumbersome, if required I can post it.

Any ideas or thoughts on this would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment