Saturday, March 24, 2012

Export database

Hi,

I have been playing around with Google Cloud SQL. What I want to do is export the database but it seems the only way to do this via the GsUtil tool or the web console is through the use of buckets in Google Cloud Storage ..... and to use these I need to have billing enabled on my account. This is something I am not comfortable in doing because it is not clear whether you can set limits on the cloud storage billing which could lead to surprise bills (I have posted a thread over there to see if I can clear up that issue).

The only other thing I can think of is to write some script in my Google App Engine app that prints out SQL insert statements - then I download this. It seems a bit overkill but from playing with the command line - it does not seem possible. And GsUtil has the same problem as the console - I need billing activated for Google Cloud Storage.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Cheers,
Carl.

No comments:

Post a Comment