Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Re: Digest for google-cloud-sql-discuss@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Wow, that looks amazing! Thanks, Ken!

I'll work on getting appstats set up in the next couple of days and post results when I have them.

I won't be surprised if Hibernate/Spring ends up being the culprit. I've dumped Java in favor of my new love, Django, for my latest projects, but my EssayTagger Java codebase is too significant for a rewrite at this stage. But oh how I long for the day when I'm free of these Java chains... it's a 20-ton tank with too many moving parts when a little Django soapbox car would've sufficed!

---------------------------
Keith Mukai, M.Ed.
High School English Teacher
EssayTagger.com Founder & CEO

Volunteer Coach, Niles West HS Boys, Girls Gymnastics Teams



On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM, <google-cloud-sql-discuss@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/google-cloud-sql-discuss/topics

    Ken Ashcraft <kash@google.com> Sep 24 11:55AM -0700  

    Hi Keith,
     
    An end-to-end test like this is valuable from an end-user's perspective,
    but it is difficult to tell where the time is going. Please use appstats
    to get a better picture:
    https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/appstats
     
    This will tell you if the queries to the database are fast or slow, or
    maybe hibernate is doing thousands of queries unnecessarily. If everything
    looks ok on the database side, I'd look harder at the warmup request. I
    believe a request can be a warmup even if it doesn't go to /_ah/warmup.
     
    Ken
     

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group google-cloud-sql-discuss.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.


No comments:

Post a Comment