Thursday, March 10, 2016

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] import with csv fails

I'm trying to load several csv files in the range of 100Mo-8Go on Cloud SQL.

I expected the best way to to it would be to put the csv files in CloudStorage, then through an importation in the UI of Cloud SQL

When I tried to do this, after a very long time of "Importing data...", a notification of error appears, with no precision of what caused it, just a red message "Unknown Error"


I tried to split the file in chunks and it is currently loading without error using the command described in the documentation 

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'myfile-chunk-143.csv' 
 REPLACE INTO TABLE mytable CHARACTER SET 'utf8' FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '"'

So my guess it's either  a faulty line in my file  (but how can I detect it if I don't know the error?)



Is there any way for me to access a more precise description of the error that occured ?
Am I using the best way to put this amount of data ? 
also, my menu is now stuck in mode "Importing data..." while the job has failed an hour ago. Should I just wait or is it possible it got stuck ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/aa404aaa-af8c-4d34-963f-2a638230ccbf%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment