Thursday, June 1, 2017

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: [cloud_sql_proxy] Running permanently on a Windows production server

Hi George

Sorry, that doesn't help at all. I've already read the Google doc you reference and have followed all the instructions, so I know how to use cloud_sql_proxy in a development environment or even manually on a production server. The problem I have is running it on a production Windows web server VM that won't have a logged in user most of the time. I can log in and run the proxy manually in a cli, but it stops as soon as the terminal services session is closed.

It's probably a really dumb question and shows my lack of knowledge with Windows servers, but I just don't know how to have the proxy running outside of a logged in desktop session. The Google doc says it can be used on a production server, but doesn't explain how to run the proxy as a service at boot time. If the proxy is run as a orphan process from the cli and then crashes, what then? I want to set this up and just have it work, even if the server is restarted.

What is the recommended way to do this? I need specifics, not general overview. I'm about to try setting up a task with task scheduler and see if that works.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/2f1e6ab1-f482-4941-9ab4-1f5121782863%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment