Monday, June 12, 2017

Re: [google-cloud-sql-discuss] CloudSql with Autoscale and Managed Instances Group

As you touch on Cloud SQL Proxy is our current solution to this issue. It is a little daemon that you run on your GCE instance. You configure it with your Cloud SQL instance and service account credentials, and locally to it from your application the Proxy then manages authorization to the Cloud SQL instance.

We don't currently supply start-up scripts for it. There is an open issue to do this, which shows a sample systemd unit to make it start up (I have not verified this unit file is correct).

Which OS are you running on GCE? This determines what type of startup system your instance uses and therefore how it needs to be configured.

Thanks,
David

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 11:05 PM, Chirag Nayyar <chiragnayyar3@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi I have a web application and I host it on GCE + CloudSQL. Right now I added my Public IP in CloudSQL to access it but now I am not able to figure it out how to scale out with my web tier by utilizing the same CloudSQL.

My main concerns are below

1.How my new instance will now how to talk with CloudSQL? (Until I manually added its Public Ip to authorize) 

2.How Auto scalar will work if I don't have control on which Instances need to be terminate?

Because of CloudSQL is not having option to add in VPC I am confused.

I have AWS Background so I thought VPC will work in same way.

I tried CloudProxy also but how to make it startup service so every time new instance come in group and it will know where the DB is .

I hope my question is clear. Let me know how to solve this so I can utilize the power of Google Cloud to make my application.

PS. I don't want to host app on Appengine.


Thank you

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/6de0c9a8-0c35-47f8-8d50-eb90d2808fc0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/CAJZK_ba4OrKV%2Bk5AYoOMn04P50bp3LsH37egOYgU08CQ%3DtUKWA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment