Friday, August 11, 2017

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Cloud SQL instance stuck in "another operation was already in progress"

Hello out there, 

Interestingly I've got a cloud sql instance (2nd gen mysql 5.7) which is stuck in "another operation was already in progress". I am seeing the following things:

- before my first restart of the instance there was a throbber being animated
- trying to connect to the db using 'gcloud beta sql connect cloudsql-1 --user=root' in a cloudshell gives me 'ERROR: (gcloud.beta.sql.connect) HTTPError 403: Operation failed because another operation was already in progress.'
- trying to do the same from my local terminal results in the same error message.
- my first restart was not possible through the console due to those options being grayed out
- using gcloud from my laptop to restart the database instance was successful, but did not resolve the issue
- the webconsole did not show an animating throbber anymore, visually the issue looked resolved
- for instance, adding an IP to the authorized networks under 'access control' in the console gave me a 'Operation failed because another operation was already in progress.' popup.
- in the stackdriver logging there are no other event logged for this database instance between finishing the restart and attempting to add an IP to the whitelist
- under the operations tab in the web console there are not operations mentioned after the restart (which has the status 'done')
- I disabled 2 applications we're running which can trigger backups and restores of individual database through a service account, in case they were causing trouble
- I restarted the database instance again
- My various operations through the console and gcloud run into the same issues.

My question is, short of creating a new database cluster and using that one instead, what would be my options to get the database instance out of this state?

Regards,
Freark

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/3551ff0e-92cf-46c8-a7a4-1402b695a169%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment