Friday, August 25, 2017

Re: [google-cloud-sql-discuss] What google cloud service best fits my needs? I dont understand a thing from the pricing guide, etc...

Hi Mike,

GCP provides the building blocks to build an e-commerce site but not a service to run one out of the box.
There are some pre-built solutions available in Cloud Launcher (https://console.cloud.google.com/launcher/browse?q=commerce) but whether you want to use them depends on how much time/money you want to invest into building/maintaining the site infrastructure.
If you don't have a lot of time/resources to invest in building/maintaining the infrastructure, it might make more sense to use a dedicated e-commerce platform like Shopify or the likes.

My 2c


On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 12:16 PM, 'Mike Peaches' via Google Cloud SQL discuss <google-cloud-sql-discuss@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I never used google cloud, but my task is simple though not a single person from google has helped and the tech support I can't reach even with my console ID. I am starting a vintage clothing store online. Men's Vintage clothes are a niche market so I am not expecting loads of traffic but I currently have estimated the size of all the folders (ie. by categories) to be around 200GB. I would like to keep the pictures large so customers can see a better quality picture. I also have an excel sheet corresponding with the folders with stock number, description and price.

I am looking for a cloud service that allows for public access (with only me as administrator). A URL I can put in my website directing customers to the cloud. Pictures that are quickly accessed so the customer doesn't have to wait for pictures to appear. Because stock will be sold and added continuously I would like stock pictures and excel to be be updated quickly and easily by only me, the administrator. What service do I need to buy so I can get started PLEASE!! thanks mike

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/eb007e39-2ca8-4907-a127-5c9cd25be876%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/CABDU3p0XpWnFEQY1U_JZ4keNVtWWvQ2tjf4DB-fgj7%3DZfk0NgQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment