Thursday, January 24, 2019

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Download an exported backup of PG database

Hi, it seems to be working now. Earlier I just clicked the filename in the console and it would start downloading but now I did right-click, save link as and it seems to work. Has been downloading for over an hour already. Thanks for your help. 

Op vrijdag 18 januari 2019 18:11:49 UTC+1 schreef diogoa...@google.com:
Please try other methods to download the file from the bucket, like using gsutil, REST API, or the code sample provided here.

A strategy to find out if the issue is with the file or the bucket is this: try downloading the file into a Compute Engine instance, using gsutil for example. If it works properly, it means that the issue is your network.


On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 9:39:29 AM UTC-5, Marcel wrote:
Hi Community,

I am trying to download a postgres database in Google Cloud (size over 5GB) and dowload it to my PC so I can do some research locally.

I can export and save it to a storage bucket. But, when I then go to the bucket and click the file it starts downloading terribly slow. Way slower then my internet connection speed. I tried several storage classes / regions. So I thought, whatever I will just let it run for a few hours, but after like 30 minutes or so the download fails (probably a timeout or something like that).

Any way around this? I need an export of this database locally but I cannot find any way to get this done.

Ps. I could connect to the database from localhost, export it with PG admin, but the database is on internal networking, so it's not publicly accesible. And this seems like a very unlogical way to do it.

What to do? 

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/71804e0f-4a70-4d92-873c-f595600f488b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment