Saturday, June 15, 2019

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: I just can't migrate my external DB because unable to skip replication errors

I have plenty of legacy apps and some of them or their installed packages have been coded in a way that if the insertion returns a 1062 duplicate error then the app's code will call an update query, e.g. if($insertion_failure_code=="1062") update_query($params). Yes the applications could be coded better to avoid this but the fact is many are not and I don't see it being practical to find and update all such coding instances and then attempt a Cloud SQL migration. I am quite sure I'm not the only one who would face this issue.

 

I really do want to migrate to Cloud SQL and so hoping for some workaround on this issue. Else I'm just forced to consider other platforms when I don't want to.

 

What else could I do to get it to work? Or are you suggesting I just don't consider Cloud SQL for now and look at other options?


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/dde472e1-8f32-4121-bb09-744c2929545e%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment