Thursday, September 8, 2016

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: ERROR 2013 can't connect

Hi Dimitri,

Do you add your (external) IP address to the "Authorized networks"? (steps here)


On Sunday, September 4, 2016 at 11:38:27 PM UTC+2, Dimitri Abrams wrote:
Hi,

I am getting an error when trying to connect to my first generation MySQL db via Cloud Shell. 

In Cloud Shell I enter the command:
gcloud beta sql connect <my-assigned-id> --user=root

and get 
ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0
 
I am still able to read/write via my App Engine app but I cannot access the command line to create/alter tables. 

I have tried restarting the instance and I have waited several hours so it's not a transient issue. 

Any ideas?

Thanks! 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/2ddcb19a-f6bc-4c43-a465-320ba2c9bfbd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment