Friday, November 4, 2016

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Cannot connect to Cloud SQL 2nd generation

Hey Great Studio,

This should be posted as an issue thread in the Public Issue Tracker for Cloud SQL. However, I'll help by suggesting some paths of investigation to pursue before making an issue report:

1. Error 111 is usually caused by the instance not listening on 3306. Is it possible that the my.cnf file is at issue?

2. You should include your my.cnf file when reporting the issue.

3. Does reverting to the prior my.cnf file resolve the issue?

4. What is the project ID and instance ID?

These details will allow us to properly investigate the issue report once you post it to the Public Issue Tracker for Cloud SQL. This forum is meant for more high-level discussion of the service, design patterns, etc. as opposed to reporting issues. Feel free to ask any questions you may have either before or simultaneously with posting to the Issue Tracker. I'll be happy to assist. 

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 12:05:30 PM UTC-4, Great Studio wrote:
Hi,

I think Google Cloud SQL 2nd generation is inaccessible now.

I tried to connect from GCE instances to Cloud SQL via Cloud SQL Proxy, but I cannot connect.
This happened when I restarted Cloud SQL instance (with changing instance spec) at about June 11, 15:00 UTC (June 12, 00:00 JST).

I updated my.cnf variables and machine specs for several times, and just restarted instance for several times.
It takes so long (5 - 10 mins) to complete restart. I viewed Stackdriver logging page [ https://console.cloud.google.com/logs ] and saw ton of warnings.
In the operations tab [ https://console.cloud.google.com/sql/instances/INSTANCE_NAME/operations ], there are several "An unknown error occurred" logs on restart and update.


Next, I gave up to continue with Google Cloud SQL and get back to our old server instance which is hosted by another cloud vendor.
To keep data, I tried to export current data with export button in the overview page of Cloud SQL instance [ https://console.cloud.google.com/sql/instances/INSTANCE_NAME/overview ]

I saved it in SQL format, but the file is 0 byte and empty.

In the operation page, I found following error message:
mysqldump: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) when trying to connect


Thanks in advance.

Alison

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/0df9f28a-d005-41e3-8970-e889eff2c75c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment