Tuesday, November 29, 2016

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: CloudSQL create replica slave problem (external replication)


Hey Nicholas, 

Yes, I have an external MySQL server and I'm trying to make a replication slave in a CloudSQL instance. 

  • Yes, I created the internal master (step 1 from documentation) without problems. I've exported my authorization token and I'm sure it's working because I've created and deleted a bunch of SQL instances to test this trough cloud sql API. The 403 shows up for the second step. 
  • Yes, credentials are correct for external master.
  • I used the same bucket for importing mysqldump files from web interface and was ok.
  • The Cloud SQL instance isn't created with API when I'm executing the steps from tutorial ? I'm assuming that will go default with first generation right ? 
  • Both MySQL are version 5.6 

Thank you! 

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 7:42:30 PM UTC+2, Nicholas (Google Cloud Support) wrote:
Hey Lisei,

Welcome.  From what I understand, you have an existing MySQL server that you wish to use as the base for replication as Cloud SQL instances.  From your description, I understand that you receive the 403 when attempting to create the replica (step 2 in Creating the external master configuration).  The 403 suggests an authorization issue.  My questions are as follows:
  • Could you successfully create the internal master instance (step 1 in the same guide)?  I ask this because that step should require the same authorization and could in fact be accomplished with the same access token if properly authorized.  It would therefore be quite strange if step 1 succeeded while step 2 failed.
  • Did you use the proper replication user/pass credentials in the request when creating a replica?
  • Do you have proper privileges for the provided Cloud Storage bucket for the dump file?
  • Is the Cloud SQL instance one of the first generation and of the same MySQL version as the existing external MySQL instance?  I doubt this would return a 403 but would not want to disregard the possibility.
Nicholas

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 9:05:25 AM UTC-5, Lisei Andrei wrote:

I'm following this guide here for creating a cloudsql slave for an external mysql database.

I've managed to create an internal master but when i try to create the replica I have this error: 
I'm the project owner of the GCP project. 

{
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "notAuthorized",
    "message": "The client is not authorized to make this request."
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "The client is not authorized to make this request."
 }
}

Thanks! 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/00736ef2-c6e3-4368-8344-4f825e84882c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment