Wednesday, November 23, 2016

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Table creations

I am writing an app for use with my trucking company. Each user will have the app, where they can store their trip data, and export twice a month to their Cloud Storage. They can then import it to a sheet that will extrapolate the trip data, and payroll data into separate sheets with in the worksheet. 

My question is, how should I set up the tables? I have current trip data that goes onto a trip sheet for handing in, payroll data for the personal info for the driver, app settings data (check boxes etc) for recall with trip info is recalled for updating on route, trip data they select from, payroll data that is pulled according to the drivers selections, vehicle data for the same reason. 

I have worked with SQL in my apps, but as a single table with limited data storage. This is my first bigger use of tables, and I am not sure if I should have one large table with all the data, or smaller tables. I know I am going to use trip data (stored pick up land drop locations) as one table, and the same for vehicle data. How should I set up the other table(s)?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/043929af-d734-427f-87e7-073893c67267%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment