Thursday, December 7, 2017

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Is cloud SQL MySQL really HA?

Please refer to your other post for the reply.

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 8:57:15 AM UTC-5, R Raj wrote:
Hi Google Cloud SQL Team,

I was testing this to move my production website. But I have a concern.

I have a master and a failover replica. I loaded some data and initiated a failover.

At this moment you don't offer a way to promote slave as a master which is a shame. But that aside, as expected master moved into slaves house (aka zone) and slave got out of it's house (i.e it's own zone) and it moved to another healthy zone. During this operating I obciously have write failure (because there is only one master) but the READ had a failure too because the slave was moving to another zone.

I am not happy about this.  Do you have plans to improve this any near future? ( I am aware I can create multiple read replicas but my Finance team won't be happy to hear it and it might stop me from moving stuff to your compute).

Regards,
R

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/16be882a-728e-4b68-a703-4b288b8438f9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment