Thursday, October 10, 2019

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Point in Time Recovery for Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL

Point in Time recovery is not yet available for Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL, however this is available for Cloud SQL for SQL. 
And may be available for Cloud Spanner (I do not know yet)?

=================
Here the situation is I want to achieve zero downtime year over year for my database.Let me start with cloud spanner: I can use cross region replication, however the issue would be with the operator errors like for example if an operator error causes a loss of data, I should be in a position to recover a database to its state before the error occurred.

I should be able to create stored procedures, restore any accidentally dropped/truncated tables, DB should be PCI compliant, support for SOAP/REST APIs,  a failover solution for a minute if google's infrastructure fails for a minute.


What do you guys think, could be a good option ?


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/e5de6631-d644-4dab-8712-b977b21ebb09%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment