Sunday, June 21, 2020

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Allow the always free f1-micro in GCE to intersect with db-f1-micro

It'd be a very nice (or horrible) idea to do this. I want to use f1-micro GCE for free too in Cloud SQL.

I currently have to resort to using Container Optimized OS and deploy my manually written Postgres Docker Compose recipe over there.

Although this means Google want to give me more freedom (?) so I can have the possibility to even deploy more applications such as Redis, MariaDB or any Docker image as much as possible...except when I realized I will have an OS overhead of about 200MB (My initial testing shows it, not sure in the long term) and this could have had been better utilized into a one single uni-database instead.

So I'm just asking. I can still cope a little with my current setup (and perhaps set a hard 0.1 CPU and 384MB memory limit in Docker)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/75a62643-8fc3-4fa7-95ba-ce3a866a86c5o%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment