Monday, December 7, 2020

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: State-based schema version control


Hello Matt,

I see that you want to have a State-Based versioning tool for Google Cloud SQL.

From the link here, there is a description:

State Based Approach

In State based database delivery, you will need to store a snapshot of the current state of the database in your source control. Every table, stored procedure, view, trigger will be saved as separate sql files which will be the real representation of the state of your database objects.

When you want to modify the database schema or reference data, all you need to do is explicitly mention the expected database state. The Compare Tool does all the magic and generates the difference script which then gets executed against the database.

There is no equivalent versioning for Cloud SQL as you have discovered. For tool recommendation, I would provide you with a link for the benefit of the community that has links to versioning products, some not open source, some free.

I hope this helps.

On Monday, December 7, 2020 at 11:28:21 AM UTC-5 polla...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all!

I plan to use Google Cloud SQL for my mobile app's BE storage.

I've been searching for a state-based schema version control (preferably open source) but have come up empty. Ideally, I'd like to store my schema in my codebase and use the current schema snapshot as the central source of truth. I'm not interested in tracking the individual schema updates/changelogs.

Is there support for this state-based approach in Cloud SQL? If not, does anybody have any tool recommendations that will help me achieve this?

Thanks!
- Matt

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/d4b775b1-eb25-4208-a6c3-f0164a4fbb71n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment