Friday, January 11, 2013

Re: Dropping or replacing existing views

I figured out what the problem was: There was a separate bit of code that had selected from the view I was trying to drop and which wasn't closing it's cursor down properly. While it didn't seem to matter on my local development environment, that open cursor was blocking the DROP VIEW command. I modified my code to ensure that all cursors and connections were closed and the problem went away.


On Friday, January 11, 2013 4:56:44 PM UTC, Daniel Thompson wrote:
I'm attempting to execute a "DROP VIEW ..." or "CREATE OR REPLACE ...." statement from within my app and via the SQL Prompt on the Google APIs Console. The view does exist. In both the app and the SQL Prompt the system hangs for while (I'm guessing 60 seconds) and then reports "
Unable to execute statement". My SQL syntax is valid and it works perfectly on my local MySQL. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment