Saturday, April 6, 2013

How many backups are kept?

How many of the daily automated backups are kept? 

I would gladly pay more to keep e.g. 5 daily, 4 weekly, 6 monthly backups, if the price of keeping them is similar to the price on Google Storage. 

This is purely as a wish; I know I can take additional backups simply by clicking on "export data".  
Having the additional backups would be useful not so much in case of catastrophic data loss (in which case I would restore the latest backup), but in case I have some subtle problem that I don't notice immediately, and that I need to correct by going back to some older version of the data.  For that to be useful, however, I would really need to have the ability to restore the backup in a _different_ database, so that I can then write some code that compares the two and does whatever fixes necessary. 

Obviously this is a low priority food for thought; so far I am quite happy simply exporting a copy of the DB before doing important code changes.

Luca

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment