Thursday, July 18, 2013

Choosing size of cloud SQL Instance.

Hello,
I have a MySql database whose tables weigh in at 40GB, and when I run the command "top -c" it shows that mysql is using 14GB of RAM.

In order to migrate this database to cloud SQL, do I have to maintain the same amount of ram? Or does the way that cloud SQL manage indexes and memory mean that I can choose a server is less RAM?  Are there tools that will allow me to know if performance is suffering due to lack of RAM?

Thanks for your feedback

Regards,
Marcelo

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment