Thursday, October 10, 2013

Android app with PHP scripts calling the backend on cloud sql.

Hi guys.

I have an android app which I would like to connect to my backend.
The backend calls are made by PHP scripts while the database is built using mysql.

Application Flow:
  • I have imported mysql database on CloudSQL
  • Deployed my PHP app on the app engine. [My Id has been Whitelisted]
  • Provided links to the Android app to connect to the App Engine app.
  • And links in the PHP app to connect to the database on the google cloud SQL.
My doubt here is:
  1. Can the android app connect to the App Engine app [in PHP] without itself actually being an App Engine application?
  2. The android app returns an error when run, which is something like:   
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): Unable to find the socket transport "unix" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?


    Help me out Guys!
    Thanks.

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/3dcbc5c7-2cd8-4ebf-b931-f22a00df0280%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment