Thursday, October 24, 2013

Re: Export SQL to cloud storage contains only table definitions, no data

Hi Ralph,

thanks a lot for the information.
As my project is mainly for databases accessed by Google Spreadsheets there is no AppEngine page I can reach (only in the new one - that's the point of migration) and with that I can not follow the steps you have described.
I will have a look into the Wire Protocol some time later - but it seems some additional connection information is needed (which I could not find in a short time now).

Anyway thanks a lot for the info.

Best regards,
Dirk


On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Ralph Brecheisen <ralph.brecheisen@arcus-business.com> wrote:
Hi Dirk,

I had a legacy project because I created the application directly in the appengine console and configured Cloud SQL API access through the old API console. At some point though I noticed the "Cloud Integration" option in the Application Settings of the appengine console and activated that. It created a "new-style" cloud project with default items for Cloud SQL, Storage, API access, etc. That's where I decided to create a new SQL instance and migrate the data from the old database to the new one. I tried using the export function for the old SQL database (which was accessible in both the old and new consoles) but it didn't work. As far as I can remember it also didn't work in the old API console. That's why I contacted Joe. Joe referred me to the MySQL Wire Protocol which they have/had in a testing phase. My business partner Roland started working with it and it seems to work fine. I didn't try it myself yet because some time later the regular export function was working again... 

It's probably not of much help but this is what happened in my case.

Rlp

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-cloud-sql-discuss/CgIMEmwUTa4/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/e46858b7-a07e-46f0-922f-7f5c6831f742%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/CAJOonR74Tb%2B1e7Dhwjx9mDcFQepSZ9Kwj1XrkTErUGf_KGaKRg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment