Tuesday, October 8, 2013

issues with mysqldump file import with views

Looks like there are many issues with the import feature.  I looked many of them, but they are not the same as mine.

I have a local mysql 5.5 database that I have worked on for quite a while.  It has some view tables.  When I load it to cloud sql via a sqldump file, the import went through no errors, but I can't query any of the views, from my GEA app nor from the web console.  I get access denied error on select statements.  Selects on tables are fine.  

Instance Id: neptune-1:dev-1.  Database: team2.

I know sometime mysql load can run into problems loading views.  Views will appear as physical tables, and you can't query them.  I think this must be the situation, but I don't know what to do to resolve it.  

The same mysqldump loads ok with my local databases.

Please help me out.

Colin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/87d24eec-66b7-4784-857f-b17480a0688f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment