Thursday, January 28, 2016

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Server down, stuck in backup? HELP

Ok, thankfully I had a replica server running that I could recover my data from.

In total I lost 9 hours of server uptime while I was asleep.

This has damaged my reputation and I'm extremely unhappy about this.

Google described this as a beta so I knew there would be some downtime. But not fatal errors that could have lost my entire database.

This was only my second day with Second Generation and I experienced 2 huge problems. There should be warning labels all over this thing.

WARNING - UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT - RISK OF DATABASE LOSS

I'm now downgraded to first generation. I pray it's more stable.

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 10:39:11 AM UTC+1, Graphics Geeks wrote:
My SQL instance master server is down and seems to be stuck in backup.

It's been down at least half an hour HELP!!! What do I do???

Is my database lost??

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/648a7cea-95fb-4c8e-8ae2-0650e2d9b1d6%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment