Tuesday, February 7, 2017

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Cloud SQL My SQL 5.7 - Field XXX doesn't have a default value


Since upgrading to My SQL I am getting errors when trying to insert:

"Field XXX doesn't have a default value"

No matter what I can't turn off Strict Mode (STRICT_TRANS_TABLES).

My code was working perfectly with My SQL 5.6. WIth My SQL 5.7, strict mode is on be default BUT I CAN'T DISABLE IT.

In fact, any settings I change in the "My SQL" flags GUI editor **most** of the time makes no change as evident by "SELECT @@sql_mode", and when it does change to something (during experimentation), it's hard to change it back to anything else for the same reason.

Anyone else with this issue?

All I want is for MySQL5.7 to behave like MySQL 5.6

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/e887b7fa-ba7d-400a-9be5-5618a84af971%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment