Monday, March 20, 2017

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Cloud SQL instances are not starting or restarting. It's stuck

@Adam, I am facing the similar issue for a few days. Had emailed to cloud-sql since few days ago, but no reply yet.
The stuck I'm facing is not only few hours, it is to days' extend.

I thought using cloud sql will be hassle free, compare to hosting by myself in a compute engine.

Desperately need help, really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 3:54:37 AM UTC+8, Adam (Cloud Platform Support) wrote:
@Pragatheesh Your issue is not related to those described in the thread. The instance was suspended due to billing. If the billing account state has been resolved there can be some propagation delay before the service is reactivated.

If you still need to resolve your billing issue you may file a billing support request.

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 9:19:23 AM UTC-4, Pragatheesh Kumar wrote:
Hi Adam,

Similar issue here. The instance was suspended due to billing. Once after the billing is cleared out, the instance is still in the suspended state and I am not able to manually restart the service.


On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 9:47:51 PM UTC+5:30, Adam (Cloud Platform Support) wrote:
@Bulama The instance was restarted on 03/17. In order to do so the activation policy had to be set back to ALWAYS. Please confirm if you do want to keep this instance running. Also, can you let us know how the restart was issued (eg. via gcloud or Cloud Console)?

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 1:38:33 PM UTC-4, Bulama Yusuf wrote:
@Adam
I tried connecting to my cloud sql instance and it refused to connect. I stopped it and it refused to start when I asked it to start. The I tried to restart and it has been stuck in restart ever since.

PROJECT ID: ra-climate-change
CLOUD SQL INSTANCE ID: ra-cc-data

As expected with data, this is a very critical situation.

Thanks in advance.

Bulama.

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 7:15:37 PM UTC+1, Adam (Cloud Platform Support) wrote:
This may be related to an ongoing issue. If you send me a private message with your full instance connection name I can confirm for you.

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 11:34:21 AM UTC-5, Shaharia Azam wrote:

I was just trying to restart my Google Cloud SQL instances from command line. But it got stuck since 2 hours. I don't know why.

And from gcloud console I can't do any operation for my Cloud SQL instances. It's saying ERROR: (gcloud.sql.instances.patch) HTTPError 409: The instance or operation is not in an appropriate state to handle the request.

So is there anything I can perform a fresh restart? Even I couldn't get in touch with any technical support channel rather than here.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/7c875c36-7c08-4067-8b70-5e725dd5d64c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment