Wednesday, May 23, 2018

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: PostgresSQL: Enabling WAL Archiving

Hi Lawrence,

Yes, In-fact previously shared documentation is valid for PostgreSQL on GCE instance and not for Google Managed Cloud SQL platform. 

Write-ahead log (WAL) archiving flag is disabled by default for managed Cloud SQL and this is not exposed for user configuration. Enabling it is also out of scope and I can't provide any sort of ETA for this being available, either.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:51:05 AM UTC-4, Lawrence Ouyang wrote:
Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for responding. I have looked at that tutorial, but I am not using GCE, I am using the managed Google Cloud SQL platform.

Lawrence

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 8:13:03 AM UTC-7, Dinesh (Google Platform Support) wrote:
Hi Lawrence,

Please find the detailed tutorial to enable write-ahead logging (WAL) archiving and replication for PostgreSQL. Let me know if this addresses your query?

Regards, 

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 6:22:19 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Ouyang wrote:
I'm trying to set up a CloudSQL PostgreSQL instance, and I want to enable WAL archiving, but I can't find anything in the documentation that tells you how to do that:

On the console:
























Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
LO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/fc163400-f603-4fc8-be83-ce6e65fea69e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment