Wednesday, August 5, 2020

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] MySQL instance deleted without warning?

Hi,

I started a free trial with the $300 in credits back around October of 2019. The credits were set to expire in March. Unfortunately, without realizing it was still needed for Google Cloud, I closed the credit card that was set as the backup payment method, so when March came around, I wasn't able to be billed. However, I didn't receive any email about this issue.

I only recently checked my account to update the payment information and continue using the account. Although my App Engine service was still running, the MySQL instance that was previously running seems to be completely gone. I didn't delete it, and I don't see any deletion under the Activity tab in Google Cloud. I also did not get an email about deleting the MySQL instance.

Did Google Cloud just delete the MySQL instance without any notification to me? Would there be any chance that there is a backup of the data somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/ad5ddffa-ac21-48a7-bf9a-8ab3a2204f4do%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment