Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Re: Can't get JPA working with Google Cloud SQL

Hi bill,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:50 AM, bill <eric@ejahn.net> wrote:
> The tutorial at https://developers.google.com/eclipse/docs/cloudsql-jpatools
> is raising more questions for me than providing answers.  Does anyone in
> this discussion have this working.  I get an error when I try to use
> Persistence, but the JPA browser in GPE is working correctly, so I think I'm
> mostly there.  I'm not exactly sure, when I use EclipseLink 2.3, if I should
> still keep DataNucleus enabled in my Appengine settings.  I'm also not sure
> if my way of acquiring the EntityManagerFactory is correct.
>
> private static final EntityManagerFactory emfInstance =
> Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("MyApp");
>
> The error I get is:
>
> NoClassDefFoundError: java.util.prefs.Preferences is a restricted class.
> Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details.
>     at com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime.reject
>

Is "MyApp" the name of the persistence-unit in your persistence.xml?
Can you also try disabling DataNucleus in the App Engine settings?

>
> Anyway, I'd be happy to chat with anyone who has been successful with this.
> Thanks



--
Takashi Matsuo | Developer Advocate | tmatsuo@google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment