Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Re: Error connecting to Google Cloud

Hello Rob,
   I create a project called Guestbook from Eclipse , and I am running it from Eclipse by right click on the project name and hit on run as -> Web application. Here is the console line confimed it
"Aug 29, 2012 4:04:25 PM com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl start
INFO: The admin console is running at http://localhost:8888/_ah/admin"

I then go to IE, and run my project as http://localhost:8888/guestbook

and I get correction error as I explained in the previous email. The connection error is "java.lang.

IllegalStateException: System property rdbms.driver must be set at com.google.appengine.api.rdbms.dev.LocalRdbmsServiceLocalDriver.registerDriver(LocalRdbmsServiceLocalDriver.java:80)"



Please let me know if you need additional information.



Thanks again,


Minh



 

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:54:24 PM UTC-4, Rob wrote:
Are you running this from the commandline or from inside of Eclipse?  How are you running this? Please provide command you type or menu items used to launch the devmode server.

thanks,
Rob

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Mike <dtr...@student.gsu.edu> wrote:

I am new to Google App engine and I have tried to run an demo application called guestbook to connect to Google cloud sql from the Google app engine with app-engine-sdk version 1-7.0. But each time I am getting an error saying "java.lang.IllegalStateException: System property rdbms.driver must be set at com.google.appengine.api.rdbms.dev.LocalRdbmsServiceLocalDriver.registerDriver(LocalRdbmsServiceLocalDriver.java:80)". I double check my code and every thing looks ok, and I still have no glue where the error coming from.

Below is a snippet of my connection code :

c = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:google:rdbms://my_instance/my_database");

and mysql-connector-java-5.1.21-bin is in the class path,

and I have enable Google cloud sql in the Google app engine,

and I have checked the use of Google Cloud instance in the app engine as well with the my instance of the database, database name, login , and password,

and I am using Eclipse Juno.

I think I have missed something important; so would you please help me if you know what I have missed.

Thank you very much in advance,

Minh


No comments:

Post a Comment