Thursday, March 15, 2018

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Re: Connecting to 2nd Generation MySQL from a Tomcat webapp context running in load-balanced Compute instances?

Hmm. I'd seen something about the proxy. But in my experience, "proxy" has always equated with "slow." Is that not the case here?

I heard back from the developer, and while he is already aware of the proxy, he didn't particularly like it, because of local testing difficulties. I think if I can figure out the "Quickstart for Using the Proxy for Local Testing" well enough to at least get a Sequel Pro session connecting through it, I may be able to teach him a few new tricks (which could be pretty satisfying, given that I'm probably twice his age).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/4569136a-389f-499a-b56f-c8ca1dcc7259%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment