Monday, March 12, 2018

[google-cloud-sql-discuss] Why do I get "Access denied for user 'root'@'%' (using password: YES)" when I sign on from Sequel Pro and add or change a user?

I have a Google Cloud SQL MySQL (Second Generation) instance. And I've granted myself %-level remote access to it.

Accessing it from Sequel Pro (https://www.sequelpro.com), as ROOT, I find that if I create a user from the Sequel Pro "Users" panel, it gets created, with the specified password, but I get an "Access denied for user 'root'@'%' (using password: YES)" message, and it won't accept granting that user remote access unless I disconnect and reconnect my ROOT Sequel Pro session.

Once I disconnect and reconnect as ROOT, I can successfully give the user remote access, but it gives me the "Access denied for user 'root'@'%' (using password: YES)" message. And I can successfully grant it privileges, but again, it gives me the "Access denied for user 'root'@'%' (using password: YES)" message.

Can anybody here shed any light on this?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Cloud SQL discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-cloud-sql-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-cloud-sql-discuss/bb2c51eb-03e6-4f94-92d5-476a303e198d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment