Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Editing the Full-Text Stopwords List

Hi,

I'm running into a problem where the full-text stopwords in Google Cloud SQL are preventing me from running certain searches that are relevant to my app.  I did some searching but I couldn't find a list of the stopwords that Google Cloud SQL uses, but I did find the list that mySQL uses (http://dev.mysql.com/doc//refman/5.5/en/fulltext-stopwords.html) so I'm using that as a baseline.  It's quite an extensive list and I would like to be able to search by some of the words listed on there.  Is there a way to edit the stopwords list for my own instance of Google Cloud SQL?

If there is not a way to do this, then would it be possible to shorten the list for future releases of Google Cloud SQL or to implement a feature that does allow you to edit the list for your own instances?

No comments:

Post a Comment