Monday, November 12, 2012

Re: Problem moving cloud sql instance to EU datacentre

I had the same issue and yes it's definitely that you can't have a US app engine talk to a European cloud sql instance(thanks again Rob for the heads-up). I couldn't see anyway to change it so I just deleted European sql instance and set up a new US one and that worked fine. Be interested to know if I did the right thing or if there was a better approach i.e. some setting where you can just migrate to a US sql data centre or vice-versa.

Peter. 

On Monday, 12 November 2012 13:02:57 UTC, Anthony Nolan wrote:
I have exported my US instance to google cloud storage, created a new cloud sql instance (EU datacentre) and imported the instance. This is all fine. However when I try to authorize my existing application (appengine, but not the datastore) I get the unknown error problem (we are looking into it). Is my appengine app running on a US datacentre - hence the difficulty in getting it to talk to my new EU cloud sql? I can't see any way to change (or even check) the location of an app engine instance.

Thanks,

Anthony Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment