Monday, April 16, 2012

Re: CREATE MySQL PROCEDURE

No, unfortunately not, sorry.

Rob


On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM, John Smith <jsmith27182@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, the console.  

https://code.google.com/apis/console

I travel all the time and all I have is my iPhone.  Is there a tool (SQL Client?) I can install on my phone?


On Monday, April 16, 2012, Brian Duff <bduff@google.com> wrote:
> If by "SQL Prompt", you mean the prompt in the console, note that it's a very limited tool, and isn't intended for doing complex operations / queries. I believe it doesn't support delimiter, for one thing.
> Instead, try using the command line sql commandline tool:
> https://developers.google.com/cloud-sql/docs/commandline
> Thanks,
> Brian
>
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM, JK Winkler <jsmith27182@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I even stripped the code down to this:
>>
>>
>> create procedure mak_nums
>> begin
>>
>>    insert into Tmp_Elements (Cell, n, k) values (1,2,2);
>>
>> end;
>>
>> And I get the error:
>>
>> Error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'begin    insert into Tmp_Elements (Cell, n, k) values (1,2,2); end' at line 2
>>
>> I verified the SQL insert statement does work by itself.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment