Friday, April 6, 2012

Re: Multiple statements won't work – single statements only.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Johannes Braunias <johannes.braunias@gmail.com> wrote:
Concerning big files ...
I have to process a 970 MB file.
Using the command line tool is too slow for that. (> 7 hours, I can't even say how long since I cancelled.)

Importing from the Google Cloud storage would be awesome!
(I can upload the same file in < 1 h.)

But somehow I get an error message for files which I can successfully import using the command line tool.
Looks like the way the file is processed with the command line tool and the import feature differs ...?


Yes, it is a different implementation.  Unfortunately, we don't do a good job of exposing the error message when something goes wrong during an import.  Likely errors:
- .sql file does not contain "use <database>;"
- .sql file contains delimiter statements which we haven't pushed the fix for yet.

Also, you can gzip the .sql file before uploading to Cloud Storage.

Ken 

No comments:

Post a Comment