Monday, April 16, 2012

Re: CREATE MySQL PROCEDURE

Follow up:

Sooo, I can iCREATE tables and indexes but not procedures or functions?

Thanks for all your help.


On Monday, April 16, 2012, Rob Clevenger <rcleveng@google.com> wrote:
> No, unfortunately not, sorry.
> Rob
>
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM, John Smith <jsmith27182@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the console.  
>>
>> https://code.google.com/apis/console
>>
>> I travel all the time and all I have is my iPhone.  Is there a tool (SQL Client?) I can install on my phone?
>>
>> On Monday, April 16, 2012, Brian Duff <bduff@google.com> wrote:
>> > If by "SQL Prompt", you mean the prompt in the console, note that it's a very limited tool, and isn't intended for doing complex operations / queries. I believe it doesn't support delimiter, for one thing.
>> > Instead, try using the command line sql commandline tool:
>> > https://developers.google.com/cloud-sql/docs/commandline
>> > Thanks,
>> > Brian
>> >
>> > On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM, JK Winkler <jsmith27182@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I even stripped the code down to this:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> create procedure mak_nums
>> >> begin
>> >>
>> >>    insert into Tmp_Elements (Cell, n, k) values (1,2,2);
>> >>
>> >> end;
>> >>
>> >> And I get the error:
>> >>
>> >> Error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'begin    insert into Tmp_Elements (Cell, n, k) values (1,2,2); end' at line 2
>> >>
>> >> I verified the SQL insert statement does work by itself.
>> >
>> >
>

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment