Monday, April 16, 2012

Re: CREATE MySQL PROCEDURE

Hi John,
To clarify, the issue with procedures and functions is that the delimiter command is not supported in api console's sql prompt. You'd need to use the command line prompt instead: https://developers.google.com/cloud-sql/docs/commandline

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM, John Smith <jsmith27182@gmail.com> wrote:
Follow up:

Sooo, I can iCREATE tables and indexes but not procedures or functions?

Thanks for all your help.



On Monday, April 16, 2012, Rob Clevenger <rcleveng@google.com> wrote:
> No, unfortunately not, sorry.
> Rob
>
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM, John Smith <jsmith27182@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the console.  
>>
>> https://code.google.com/apis/console
>>
>> I travel all the time and all I have is my iPhone.  Is there a tool (SQL Client?) I can install on my phone?
>>
>> On Monday, April 16, 2012, Brian Duff <bduff@google.com> wrote:
>> > If by "SQL Prompt", you mean the prompt in the console, note that it's a very limited tool, and isn't intended for doing complex operations / queries. I believe it doesn't support delimiter, for one thing.
>> > Instead, try using the command line sql commandline tool:
>> > https://developers.google.com/cloud-sql/docs/commandline
>> > Thanks,
>> > Brian
>> >
>> > On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM, JK Winkler <jsmith27182@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I even stripped the code down to this:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> create procedure mak_nums
>> >> begin
>> >>
>> >>    insert into Tmp_Elements (Cell, n, k) values (1,2,2);
>> >>
>> >> end;
>> >>
>> >> And I get the error:
>> >>
>> >> Error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'begin    insert into Tmp_Elements (Cell, n, k) values (1,2,2); end' at line 2
>> >>
>> >> I verified the SQL insert statement does work by itself.
>> >
>> >
>

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment