Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Re: Partitions not supported?

Hi,

Feel free to log an issue in our tracker, I'm not sure why it's not enabled.

Rob


On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Mauricio Aristizabal <aristim@gmail.com> wrote:
I asked this about a month ago and got no response.  I see googlers are very active now in this group, so hopefully they can address this.

Will partitioning not be supported?  When I try to create a table like so:

CREATE TABLE `x` (
  `x` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `y` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY `pk_x` (`x`, `y`),
  KEY `idx_y` (`y`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
PARTITION BY KEY (y)
PARTITIONS 100;

I get 

Error 1290: The MySQL server is running with the --skip-partition option so it cannot execute this statement 

I hope this is only temporary, otherwise it will really hamstring my app as it grows.  Also, this isn't documented as one of the mysql commands not supported and it makes me wonder how many other things in CloudSQL are going to be non-standard.

thanks in advance.

-Mauricio

No comments:

Post a Comment